Garmin Vívoactive Black
Garmin vívoactive Black
From the company that has been developing robust, dedicated wearable technology to improve training metrics for athletes for more than a decade comes the GPS smartwatch for the active lifestyle. Introducing vívoactive — the ultra-thin, lightweight smartwatch with built-in Garmin sports apps that you can wear every day to help you keep a healthy balance between work and life.
From Work to Workout
Play harder, work smarter, live better with vívoactive. Built-in sports apps keep you active while smart notifications allow you to stay in contact with pressing work matters — all so you can keep your life in balance. The high-resolution, color touchscreen stays readable in direct sunlight, so you can view your stats when you step out of the office for a run. The ultra-thin profile — 8 mm — is comfortable to wear all day and can easily transition from office to golf course. You won’t have to worry about vívoactive keeping up with your active days. The rechargeable battery lasts through all your activities with up to 3 weeks5 in watch/activity-tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS.
Hit the Ground Running
Whether you’re training for a 5K or just for life in general, the running app uses GPS to capture essential running data such as distance and pace. A built-in accelerometer and wrist-based speed and cadence trackers eliminate the need for a separate foot pod when running on an indoor track or treadmill and also when GPS is unavailable. You can set up vibration alerts for heart rate¹, pace and run/walk intervals. Other training features include Auto Lap and Auto Pause. Automatic sync with Garmin Connect Mobile gives you a post-run summary, including calories burned and if you scored any personal records, such as your fastest or longest run to date.
Auto Length accelerometer-based technology automatically gauges total and interval distance; laps; calories burned; session average, interval and length pace; and stroke count, including number of strokes per length and interval and session averages. Let the swimming app calculate your efficiency with swolf, which adds the time and the number of strokes it takes to swim a pool length. View your time and interval distance at a glance. Interval Count lets you seamlessly pause and then resume your workout.
- Battery charge lasts through all your activities with up to 3 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS
- Built-in sports apps, including GPS-enabled running, biking and golfing plus swimming and activity tracking, let you view your stats even when away from your phone(Check User Manual in Product Information before use)
- Built-in sports apps, including GPS-enabled running, biking and golfing plus swimming and activity tracking¹, let you view your stats even when away from your phone(Check User Manual in Product Information before use)
- Customize with free watch face designs, widgets and apps from Connect IQ store
- Battery life: This is great overall. If you don’t use the GPS, it will easily last 2-3 weeks. If you use GPS, expect to use 10% battery per 1 hour of GPS use. Still solid overall battery life.
- Charging: Charging is very fast and the charger is magnetic for easy connection
- Easy to use: The software is easy to use and has minimal touch delay.
- Notifications: Good vibration strength on the wrist. Will let you read text and app notification, calendar alerts, and email alerts.
- Screen is easy to see in most normal lighting situations, but in very dim or very bright light, it can be difficult. The backlight works fine, but drains the battery quickly if you leave it on too long.
- There is no “sync” button to make it sync with the Garmin Connect app on iphone 6s, so you have to usually power the watch off and on to make that happen.
Pair with your smartphone³ to download course maps from our golf course database — with more than 38,000 courses worldwide — to play favorite and new courses. The golfing app keeps maps updated and tallies hole number and par. This is a product worth buying especially with the declining price.
Customer review about the Garmin vívoactive Black and a better personal use and instruction
Just my first impressions for having the watch over the weekend it seems pretty great for serving as a smartwatch. I make sure there many various other watches that would certainly be an excellent smartwatch however, for having a smartwatch that also has GENERAL PRACTITIONER and also such it’s respectable. Generally obtaining a text message or a notification as well as looking down at your watch rather than needing to pull your phone out of your pocket is practical.
After having a number of Garmin’s for many years I determined to give the Vivoactive a shot. I primarily run as well as presently possess a Garmin 220. I especially purchased this Garmin for two reasons, one, to track my steps and 2, for the smartwatch attributes. Many companies are mosting likely to a motivation based program to get people more healthy. My better half and also her task has actually done this for about 3 or 4 years as well as the previous year as well as a half my company has a similar program but a little various. I gain factors for my steps or calories melted, workouts etc. but cannot get greater than 15 points a day. One run will certainly obtain me 15 points no worry. Since I run regarding 3 or 4 times a week I wanted to obtain credit scores in some way for the days I do not run. I likewise like to ride my bike to work and wanted to obtain credit history for that on days I don’t run.
Generally it’s light weight, slim, and if you need a basic operating, cycling, swimming and wish to track your actions and desire a smartwatch, this would be a great one for the price. It possibly can’t hold up to much misuse however, for the most part it’s an excellent expect all the standard have to track your physical fitness as well as if you can get it for $100 or less I would advise getting one.
The another small point I like regarding this watch is the weather screen. I understand it’s foolish yet I awaken early in the morning as well as run in the dark. I commonly stroll down stairs as well as see just what the temperature is so I could find out exactly how cozy to dress. Getting out of bed and taking a fast glance at the temperature is truly great. Likewise the little locate your phone button is very cool however the good news is I haven’t needed to utilize it yet.
I have not examined the running function yet I will upgrade as we go. Just what it boils down to is I required a multi-sport watch. I need running, cycling, swimming as well as the step counter is nice. I most likely will never make use of any one of the various other sporting activities. I do golf, seldom go hiking with the household, it’s going to behave to have these sporting activities readily available if I need it.